• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

HELP! Problems with Avy

VBHOLLIC

I need your guys' help and expertise.

For the record I have a 2010 Lifted Avy with an aftermarket Kenwood Double Din and back up camera with Sub and woofers. I also have the adapter for the steering wheel controls and onstar/gm chimes. 

I was driving on Sunday and I seemed to have lost a little bit of power getting onto the freeway. It took me while to get up to 65 mph but I did. Soon thereafter I noticed that my chimes weren't working and that the radio had shut off and the DIC showed "park assist off".

The next day the battery was dead, I jump started the truck and all went well. However, I have no sound on chimes or blinkers and no radio. Still showing the park assist off. I looked online, researched and did almost everthing recommended. I checked all fuses and even unplugged battery and nothing. I gave in and took into the dealer. They had the truck for two days and told me that they can't find the problem but gave me the bill for $110. They said the park assist is activated because the radio is not working and that the bask up assist isn't working because the back up camera is not working. That doesn't make any sense.

Anyone know what it can be. Any and all help and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Did you install the Kenwood or did a shop do it. Sounds like there is something wrong with it so I would take it to the shop.

Sorry I could not answer the with a definite, but it could be the wiring maybe shorting out

Back