• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Heated Seat cycles on and off by itself

JrBean

Hi!  I have a 2006 Avalance with heated seats.  A few weeks ago, the drivers side seat started cycling the seat on and off, almost as if the switch was being pressed.  On Hi, off, On Med, off, On Low, off, etc.  It is very sporadic.. some days it works fine.  The next day, it starts by cycling fast, then as I drive starts slowing down until it stays off.  The next day, it may come on once or twice until I manually turn it off, and it may stay off . . . or not.  I've looked in the manual to check the fuses, but cannot find a listing for which fuse it is.  I am not super mechanical, but if it's the switch itself, in the door, I can probably get that done.  If it's the element or something in the seat, not sure I want to mess with it, and could use advice on how to disable it.

Any and all advice appreciated, as long as it's related to my problem!  ;)

Jerry

This has been discussed several times in this forum.

When it happened to me, it ended up being the driver's seat back heater element pad.

Funny how a bad heater element pad can cause the thing to start up on it's own, but it does.

Good luck!

Back