• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Voltmeter rapid fluctuation when A/C turned on

GreyHawk_64

Voltmeter stays over 14 volts but fluctuates rapidly when the A/C is turned on. It goes to a solid 14.5 volts when the A/C is turned off. The A/C works fine it is just the voltage jumps around. I checked it at the battery with a digital voltmeter and it shows the same thing. Does anyone know where/what to check?

Also noticed that the voltmeter drops and goes back up with the turn signal or just drops with the brakes applied.

Voltmeter on what? What's wrong? Why are you doing this? The post seems random, but help us understand what the question is.

Check your ground wires as I remember on the  drivers side frame a couple grounds tie together  clean and retighten check battery connections tight but don't over tighten also on my 2500 back on passenger side up above the exhaust pipe is a junction box that the tailight turn signals etc join up. There are 4-5 plugs that snap in to the junction box I found a loose connector in one of the plugs you could see it was discoloedit was a ground I cleaned and adjusted it and did buy replacement module ??45$. My problem was twilight a and turn signals did not work right and if you we're on cruise and tapped the brakes the cruise control would drop out don't forget a bad battery. Can cause trouble too my volt gauge would pulse from like 12-14 and that went away with new battery
Got change

Back