• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

CD player is a battery Killer

deadwood

:B:  If 08 Av LTZ sits for just 1 day, the new battery is dead. Found CD player running, as if searching for discs. Pulled fuse for radio/cd player. Problem solved except no radio/CD player. Replaced CD player. Problem persists. Have run out of options. Anyone had the same/similar problem. Solution. Thank you. ~Paul

Was there a CD in it.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/how-to/a5859/how-to-stop-car-battery-drains/

sometimes yes, sometimes no. Doesn't seem to matter. It looks like its searching or trying to eject them

Do you have the navigation system too? If so the noise you hear may be the navigation disc spooling up not a music disc. Also the system should shut off after 10 minutes with ignition off and keys out of ignition. I have a 2008 Z71 with nav and can hear it when I first get in AV and if I shut it off and sit in cab most things will shut off at 10 minutes such as radio, windows, nav etc. so if working properly it shouldn't be the cause of your dead battery. I also leave my nav disc in at all times and so far haven't killed a battery.

Do  you have steering wheel audio controls.

Try this

When it happens again first try pushing the steering wheel buttons to see if it stops

Then turn the Headunit off and see if it stop making the noise.

How did it workout for you. ???

What I think is happening is your radio controls are bad and sending a signal to the headunit which is not going to sleep, The only way to tell is to take it to the dealer and let them put it on their scanner.

Back