• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

HUD issues

daren1225

So has anyone had issues with their HUD going out on them? I can no longer see my milage or if I'm in drive, neutral, reverse or etc. Any advice?

If you are referring to the gear indicator and mileage in the center of the gauge cluster, it is common issue for the solder joints on that display to go out.

I searched and found several threads on it... But none that give much info. It seems the only fix is to rip apart the cluster and resolder bad joints or get a new cluster/repair.

Many places on the internet offer repair service or refurbished units. Search the Internet and eBay to find. Digital Dash Solutions seems to be big into it. Good thing about a place like that is you get all new motors, an added transmission temp gauge for 03-06 and you can get different needle colors.

I suggest Dash Doctor... He is near me and I just paid $125 to have my cluster redone.

Since I could drop it off I didn't pay any shipping so might be a little more to ship.

He had it done in an hour and he changes out the motors too. My cluster was not working at all when I gave it to him. Working great now..

www.gmgaugecluster.com

He can also do programming and does some customization.

Rodney

Back