• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Home link system

DaveH

Has anyone had any issues with the Home Link System? Trying to reset my garage door buttons but now when I program one button, it opens the other garage door. This is happening with out pushing the learn button on the other door. I have cleared all the codes and started over many times. Doesn't matter what button I use to program, I get the same results. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Did you clear all the codes on the door opener unit? If not than clear then and start over with door opener  first and then the homelink, hope this helps. 

Are you talking about the opener it self or the remote devices? Not sure how to clear the opener codes, they are supposed to be rolling codes. If I find a way to do that, I would also have to reprogram all the remotes also? I will see if there is a way and give it a try. Thanks

Yes on the opener itself, Hold the learn button down for about 10 to 15 seconds and it should start flashing continuous then release, let the lights go out and you're done with clearing the codes. Next you need the remotes for that opener in your hand, next you hit the learn button on the opener it should start to flash, you can only program one remote at a time by push the button on the remote , the opener should flash the light and or move the door. next remote is the same as the first. do this for both of your door openers. you know how to program the home link in the owner's manual and it has how to clear any saved codes for it.  If this does not work for you go to Youtube and do a search there or the manufacturer's web site for instructions on how to.  Hope this helps.  (y) 

Thanks for all the info. After removing the codes from the garage door opener, and reprograming all remotes and the homelink buttons, everything worked as normal again.

Back