• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Air Helper Springs : Firestone Coil-Rite versus Air Lift 1000

Bigtrucklover

Seem to be the main two.

Anyone know if the quality is better between them?  Firestone mentions they are made from Polyurethane, didn't see anything that mentioned the material used on the Air Lifts.

Do the Firestones air-up independently like the Air Lifts?  I'd rather be able to do them simultaneously without spending money to tie the two together.

Tagging for reference...

I tow a 6x12x7 enclosed filled with lawn equipment 90% of the time....I am seeing the sag in the rear and hate it.

Want to buy some bags for the rear, but not sure what to get for the best price..

Bigtrucklover said:
Seem to be the main two.

Anyone know if the quality is better between them?  Firestone mentions they are made from Polyurethane, didn't see anything that mentioned the material used on the Air Lifts.

Do the Firestones air-up independently like the Air Lifts?  I'd rather be able to do them simultaneously without spending money to tie the two together.
Firestones come with the T fitting and do air up simultaneously. I installed a set in my '04 last year.

ohiobellboy said:
Firestones come with the T fitting and do air up simultaneously. I installed a set in my '04 last year.
Does this include the set that does not come with the pump? 
I would like to get a pump eventually, but right now, I would like to get the kit without the pump, with the option to add the pump at a later time.

ARMYtango said:
Does this include the set that does not come with the pump? 
I would like to get a pump eventually, but right now, I would like to get the kit without the pump, with the option to add the pump at a later time.
Mine didn't come with a pump/compressor. Just a "T" for the line. I then ran the single line up into the gas cap area and mounted it there.

I think having the t-line already in the Firestone version makes them very price comparable (at least for me, since I would get that anyway).

Air springs and "air bags" are two differnt things, Firestone sells both, not sure which one your looking at though.  The bags are for coil springs as in the 1500 series AV's, the springs would be for the 2500 series, the ones with leaf springs, lol.  I had firestone bags on my 03 and I have em on my 13, love em, l would'nt pull without em, except one time, lol.  BTW unless they have changed there packaging you have to buy your own T to run the bags together, and there is a compressor kit available from firestone but I found it to be rather pricy.  Also don't forget the firestone bags go OUT so to say, so you will get minimal lift with these bags, they inflate and stiffen your coil up to keep your load up.  Some bags actually extend upwards when inflated so that gives you lift in the rear.

Didit

Back