• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Need Help with SRS and clockspring

petegemelli

Hey,
This past weekend I changed out my steering column bearing in my 2003 north face.  Everything seemed to go fine until I started the car up.  The airbag light was on and said Service in the display. 
After a quick google it seems that I may have let the wheel rotate and damaged the clockspring.  In addition to that The top steering wheel controls that work the radio are also not working. The bottom buttons seems to be fine.
I started searching for a new clockspring and came across two options. 
One option is the Dorman 525-015 which allows you to replace just the clockspring and not the whole wiring harness that goes with it.  See link below for more info on that.
http://www.dormanproducts.com/digitalassets/document/525-015_DOR.PDF
Option two is to replace the entire harness which seems much more difficult and time consuming.

My main question is with replacing just the clockspring make the buttons on the steering wheel work again?
Also, has anyone used the dorman product? How did install go?

Thanks for the help in advance everyone.

Read the Dorman description, it says right there that it controls steering wheel controls and driver side air bag!   If it were me thats the route I would go!

Didit

Back