• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Possibly purchasing a 2010 LTZ, any things I should know?

wakebdr

So I'm currently talking with someone about buying their loaded out 2010 LTZ.  It has 90k miles on it, has all options except rear DVD, and is in great shape.  The only thing wrong with it is it is developing a dash crack.  He said they are prevalent in these models, but are fairly simple to take care of with the proper people.  He said he has a friend who does this kind of stuff and takes care of them fairly quickly and easily.

I do have one specific question about it.  It has the 22" wheels on it.  What is the advantage of these and are tires more expensive?

I'll give the link out if you all promise not to pursue it  :D

http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/5036233997.html

At 90k, ask him what work has been done to it.

brakes
wheel bearing
trans flush/service
rear end
transfer case
suspension
steering
etc.

If none of that has been worked on, be prepared to negotiate those costs down from the purchase price. That mileage, the LTZ suspension is a major cost and might need work in the near future. Check to make sure the compressor runs, rear air shocks hold air, load the back end to see it work, check front shocks for leaks.

At this point the wheels and dash crack are the least of your worries.

Yes it should stay level as the load increases.
Also check to see how many engine hours are on the motor to see if it's highway miles.
Should be able to hold the mileage button down to find out.
Friend about an 02 with what was told to be highway miles at 170,000 but it ended up having over 6000 hours on it which is far from highway miles.

Heck my 07 has 260K miles on it, and the engine is right at 7000 hrs..  And I do probably 60/40 city
vrs hwy... 

07AVSS said:
Heck my 07 has 260K miles on it, and the engine is right at 7000 hrs..   And I do probably 60/40 city
vrs hwy...   
170,000 6000 less than 30 miles an hour. Not highway.
Yours is at 260,000 and with 7000 is over 37. That's better.
You don't spend a lot of time in traffic.
I spent very little time in traffic which is why it's over 44..
272,000 and 6132 hours.

Thats a great way to calculate it..  I had not tried that but it makes perfect sense,  Probably a great way to figure a good average
for city vrs hwy.... 

Cool !!

wakebdr said:
Will it adjust once loaded, or does it adjust once it starts moving with the load?

Leave the truck running, both stand on the rear bumper or on the tailgate if you flip it down. The compressor should kick in about 10 seconds. Then run for about 10 seconds. Look under the truck and push on the air bag part of the shock to see if it is full.

Back