• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Noise in speakers

Neilbo

Hello everyone,

I have read the many posts on whine in the speakers. The 2007 Avalanche I have has the same issue. The noise accelerates in the speakers when the accelerator is pressed. If the stereo is shut off, the noise goes away.

Some say the issue is with the amplifier and it is not grounded properly.

Here is what I also noticed, the whine comes back when the blinker is on and stays on for 3 seconds after the blinker goes off.

Would this still be an amplifier issue? Does the blinker give a better clue as to where the bad ground may be?

Thanks for all input.

Stock system or ??

You should NOT get a whine in your factory system unless there is something wrong.

What system do you have in your truck? As already been said, is it factory? Is it BOSE?

Rodney

It is the factory stock Bose system. It has the dvd and touch screen head unit.

I also read it could be the on star?

I checked the ground strap on the hood and that is good.

Do the blinkers run through the amp?

had this EXACT problem, the whine noise was just as loud as if the volume was on 1 or 50. Its a loose ground wire. I pounded on the rear console controls in the back seat on the side of the housing and it magically went away. I also replaced the rear controller because it was cracked by the previous owner. No whine anymore. Its definitely a loose ground,

I checked that also and it did not solve.

Has anyone developed a cheat sheet or diagram that points out where to check the grounds for the amp and radio?

Yes it is likely a loose ground. You will need to get the wiring diagrams for the console and look there...

Or the connector for the console is under the drink holder. Might be as simple as unplugging and plugging it back in..

Do the same at the RSA if you have the Rear Seat Audio system.

Front drink holder just lifts off.

Rodney

Back