• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

aux no longer showing on radio

abralanche

I have an 03 z66 with the Bose 6 disc radio, and a couple of months ago the aux quit showing up.  There is iPod cable attached already going under the drivers side of the console, which I have used with either my iPod or my daughter's iPhone.  I have tried searching for answers, but anything relating to the radio aux is adding an aux, not using the factory setup, any ideas?

There was not a factory AUX setup on the 03-06 Bose radios. Actually on any radio. GM didn't add it until 07. There are aftermarket adapters that will add it in. My guess is a previous owner added one. You would have to dig into the dash to find the unit. Maybe as simple as a cable came unplugged. Maybe adapter went bad.

So they just AUX on the CD/AUX button for giggles, unless someone added an adapter?

Thanks for the info, will have to dig into it as soon as I can.

abralanche said:
So they just AUX on the CD/AUX button for giggles, unless someone added an adapter?

Thanks for the info, will have to dig into it as soon as I can.
Pretty much yes..

Fiddled around one day and decided to take a looksie, but I couldn't pull radio out very far.  Where am I looking for connections at?  My cable goes underneath the console panel on the drivers side at the floor just in front of the seat.

Back