• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Glad its "fan" and not "owner" club...

CntrySngr72

SM 2007
I've done the dreaded deed...I traded in my AV.  :need hug:

My wife and I are expecting our second in August and after much, much discussion, we decided it was best to trade my AV in for a minivan. It was very difficult, but necessary. We're saving over $200/mo and have much more room for the family. Come November her lease is up on her Traverse - at that time I'll get something "new"...not sure what that will be at this time.

So - I'm glad its a fan club and not an owners club!! I plan on remaining active!!  :love:

A mini van DOOOH :kidding:

Congrats on the soon to be addition to the family. (y)

I understand your reasoning, but at least you coulda got a Chevy instead of Korean Krap, lol

Didit

Didit said:
I understand your reasoning, but at least you coulda got a Chevy instead of Korean Krap, lol

Didit

Those new Sedona's are NOICE!!!!  >:D My girlfriend was specking out a 2016 Sorento, and while she was talking with the salesman, I was over there playing with all the features on the van.....  :rolleyes:

It still sucks seeing this though :(

NEW 2015 Kia Sedona SXL
Traded #3: 2013 LTZ 1500 BDE  :cry:
Traded #2: 2007 LTZ 1500
Traded #1: 2002 Z71 1500

4x4dreamer said:
Those new Sedona's are NOICE!!!!  >:D My girlfriend was specking out a 2016 Sorento, and while she was talking with the salesman, I was over there playing with all the features on the van.....  :rolleyes:

It still sucks seeing this though :(

NEW 2015 Kia Sedona SXL
Traded #3: 2013 LTZ 1500 BDE  :cry:
Traded #2: 2007 LTZ 1500
Traded #1: 2002 Z71 1500
It's very nice! I really like it.

PromptCritical said:
I will NEVER own a minivan.  I'll go back to a Tahoe or a Suburban.  Just say "No" to the Mommy Missile.
Amen.  We managed two kids with a combination of a Suzuki XL7 which my older daughter is now driving and a Ford Flex. I also had an S-10 Blazer during my oldest's first five years to go with the cars my wife was driving at the time.  We pretty much both despise minivans and hate driving them. 

I hate mini vans...

When my wife's (then gf) over heated and locked up the engine, I was screaming hell yes on the inside.  As we went and picked out a 3 rowed explorer.  At least it was 4wd. and I could tolerate riding in it.  I HATED that van.

I had a custom Astro Van back in the early nineties.

All it needed was some shag carpet and it would have been right at home in the 60's.

Seriously, the only thing I did not like about it was it did not have the rear a/c package.

And that was brutal considering the fact we lived in Dallas at the time.

Purchase of a vehicle should be about it's intended and ultimate use along with affordability.

I don't need an Avalanche, I don't even need a vehicle period as I could take the bus.

We owned 3 Plymouth mini vans in the 90s and up to 2003 when I bought Ol' Yellar to help move our family of 5, then 6 for the time my mother was living with us.

After the first time my wife drove the AV she said she didn't want to drive mini vans anymore - we went out and bought a used Suburban to replace her mini van.

enoniam said:
We owned 3 Plymouth mini vans in the 90s and up to 2003,...

My little sis had two boys growing up in that time period and wanting to stay loyal to GM plus the advantage of the family discount she asked my advice before purchasing a minivan. I told her to buy the Chrysler product, it was the best value at the time being a dated model going for 3-4k$ below list. I was right, that little bus took miles and years of abuse on the California highways.

For what it's worth, I went from a minivan to an AV.  I had a Maxima and a S-15 Jimmy. I then bought a Kia Sedona when my second one was born. In spite of taking it to some serious off-roading places, I felt the van was too small and cramped.  The kids loved it but I didn't.

sedona_in_sedona_sm.jpg

That's when I sold it and bought the Avalanche.  Kids love that too!  In fact, my older one is now occasionally driving it and my younger one wants it as his car in the future.

>:D

LOL, I hear you on that.  My girls were arguing about my neon before I traded it in for the Avy... Now they argue who is going to have my Avy.  LOL, IDK what they are thinking, it's mine, I'm keeping it!!! :mad:

Flint4x4 said:
Purchase of a vehicle should be about it's intended and ultimate use along with affordability.

I don't need an Avalanche, I don't even need a vehicle period as I could take the bus.
Which is why we got the Kia Sedona SXL.  Dropping my payment over $200, better for the mileage, and for the family. It rides really smooth and comfortable. Check out the SXL features on their website...I have to say they'd be awesome in an AV! :D

Don't get me wrong, I hate that I had to trade my AV, but it was the right thing to do for my family.  Come November when my wife's lease is up on her Traverse we will be looking for something. If I can find an AV at that time, and keep it affordable, then we may do that. I'm also considering a 4dr Jeep.  The wife would like for me to get a hybrid with all the driving I am doing for my real-estate business.  Until Nov. I don't know what I'll get for my ride...but I am confident I made the right decision in trading in the AV for the van.  (y)

LOL!

Love my TDI. (The kids, aren't exactly in agreement.) I'm getting roughly 40 MPG driving to and from work in stop and go traffic. I HATE driving my work Prius.

The minivan discussion reminded me of an old Mitsubishi commerical.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hygrfnQuisA 

Didit said:

Didit
Chevy doesn't have a minivan, Didit...

And I figured Korean was better than Japanese...Korea didn't bomb us - we helped them to defeat the dictatorship....so...

Anyway, I should point out that this will become my wife's vehicle when her lease is up in November...until then I have no idea what I'll get...maybe I'll get lucky and find a good deal on an older AVY. :D

I din't say "mini-van" now did I, I said Chevy!  Traverse and Equinox both look pretty appealing!

Didit

I love how folks tear down Minivans.  With a family of five and two dogs, they are an amazing value.  Caverns of space, kids separated, car like smooth travels, great mpg.  I put 200k on them, pay cash for the next used one and then keep rolling.  Have you guys been in one recently to see how they are loaded up?  They are well beyond practial, even if I buy them with less options.

Twisted as this sounds, old folks love them and the vans go cheap with the estate.

The negitive emotional reaction to the minivan keeps the market flush with options.  Meantime people rationalize small crossovers (station wagons) and pour cash into the overcompensation of large suvs. 

Believe me I have an old Isuzu for play and the big Avy sits in the driveway, but the workhorse is the Dodge. 

Now that I think of it, for me to defend minivans is foolish.  As long as they are still being made and the used demand is low, I will own minivans. 

Sad to see your Avy was so expensive, welcome to the cleansing happy world of getting over the ownership of a Minivan.  Even though I stick with the devil I know, the new Kia vans are sharp looking.

Didit said:
I din't say "mini-van" now did I, I said Chevy!  Traverse and Equinox both look pretty appealing!

Didit
We have a Traverse...lease is up in Nov. and Staci wanted this.  :rolleyes:

I plan on getting a Chevy for me once her lease is up...right now our focus is on getting debt free, though, so it will likely be used, or a lease on a Malibu Hybrid...she'd like to save another $200/mo over her lease too...  :B:

Darn kids are expensive!  :beating:

cooncitycornflake said:
I love how folks tear down Minivans.  With a family of five and two dogs, they are an amazing value.  Caverns of space, kids separated, car like smooth travels, great mpg.  I put 200k on them, pay cash for the next used one and then keep rolling.  Have you guys been in one recently to see how they are loaded up?  They are well beyond practial, even if I buy them with less options.

Twisted as this sounds, old folks love them and the vans go cheap with the estate.

The negitive emotional reaction to the minivan keeps the market flush with options.  Meantime people rationalize small crossovers (station wagons) and pour cash into the overcompensation of large suvs. 

Believe me I have an old Isuzu for play and the big Avy sits in the driveway, but the workhorse is the Dodge. 

Now that I think of it, for me to defend minivans is foolish.  As long as they are still being made and the used demand is low, I will own minivans. 

Sad to see your Avy was so expensive, welcome to the cleansing happy world of getting over the ownership of a Minivan.  Even though I stick with the devil I know, the new Kia vans are sharp looking.
I love this minivan. Kia has done an excellent job with it - and its the limited so it has bells and whistles galore. Whenever I drive her Traverse I start missing some of them! Especially the 360 degree camera and adaptive cruise.

Didit can give me a hard time - I can take it...and he's a decent enough guy it won't bother me TOO much. ;)

I did not "bash" mini vans once, not once I say, they have there purpose, old folks being one, family's being two, I SAID "Chevy", lol.  and btw learn to keep your pants up and kids won't be so expensive!  :laugh:

i couldn't stand driving a minivan. First off, there's less legroom than in the AV. Second, the things catch any semblance of wind. Third, they're terribly noisy on the road.  Fourth, they suck gas. Fifth, even at 85 MPH, people think you're driving slow and want to get around you. Sixth, crappy visibility. The AV is better visibility. 

My Kia Sedona wasn't bad technically, it just was not my kind of vehicle.

Back