• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Interior Wood Grain scratches on 2011 Avalanche LTZ

chevy12345

Hey Guys just wondering if anyone has input on whats the best cleaner to use on the interior trim, the wood grain looking plastic trim pieces on my 2011 Avalanche are scratched pretty bad, can they buff out? if so what products can i use? any help is appreciated thanks!

Same thing you would use on paint just maybe not the agressive stuff...
Try a fine POlish or Swirl mark remover first.

If you can feel it with figernail then it is permanent and not hideable.

Either remove the panel or take off your dash before buffing it. After buffing make sure you seal it as well.

try Mirror Glaze plastic polish - may find at aircraft maintenance facility/shop,as it is used on airplane windshields.

MoBlanche said:
try Mirror Glaze plastic polish - may find at aircraft maintenance facility/shop,as it is used on airplane windshields.
made by Meguiars...
http://www.meguiars.com/en/professional/products/m1008-clear-plastic-polish/

I used a hybrid polis and then a polish with a random orbital polisher with a 3" pad, pink for the hybrid and white pad for the polish.

isn't the wood grain just an overlay like contact paper, if you remember that stuff from years ago?  If that be the case about the only thing you can do is fill the scratches with a like color crayon then kinda buff it out.

Didit

Didit said:
isn't the wood grain just an overlay like contact paper, if you remember that stuff from years ago?  If that be the case about the only thing you can do is fill the scratches with a like color crayon then kinda buff it out.

Didit
Notmally it is decal with clear coat.
If scratches in clear then you may be able to buff out

lmbo, decal, contact paper, same thing but with a high gloss, lol

Didit

Back