• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Park Assist

LPS

I have a 2011 Avalanche LTZ, is there anyway I can update the park assist to have both the guidelines and beep? I only have the beep!

I have a 2013 LTZ with Navigation and here's what I have to do. 

Menu button
Display
Rear Camera Options
Guiding Lines - A check mark indicates they're on.

The park assist is separate from the guiding lines and is either on or off.

Welcome to the forum and good luck. (y)

Thank you, but the only option I have there on and off for camera in reverse. That is why I thought there might be an update in the computer system for it!

It appears that the guiding lines found in the 2013 may not have been in the 2011 model.  Hopefully someone with a 2011 LTZ with Nav will chime in.  If not, call your local dealer and see if they can update your navigation system to add the guiding lines.  Good luck!

I apologize.  This is unrelated to your issue specifically.  But this thread is the most recent for "park assist" and I couldn't find the answer looking through older posts.  Didn't want to start a whole new thread about it.  I'm getting the "service park assist" message on the dash and went to a local auto parts store to get a new sensor.  They wanted well over $200 for just one, which I thought was insane.  I just checked eBay and found I can get one for about ten bucks shipped.  That's not even comparable.  Does anybody know if the dirt-cheap eBay part is okay to use?

well I jest put four of the 10 doller E-bay ones on  my avy and it didn't help any but I didn't have it looked at to see if it was the problem to start with so guess I am no help but I will check back if my S.W.A.G was right ( one of the stock sensors had a hole in the back of it )  Mainer :E:

Back