• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2006 avalanche 2500/1500 TOWING mirrors Swap?? Bolt Pattern same?

dwswanger

PM 2015
PM 2014
:eek: Well I want to order some new towing mirrors and they say the bolt holes are not the same!  I have a LT 2500. Looks like this could be a problem? :help: :laugh:

They all are the same with 03-06 large GM Trucks.

:wave: Thanks Guy's!  I've decided to go with some larger towing mirrors I think. I found a set 2005 GM power extended ones, witch will power in and out with my LT package but they are smaller than my stock LT mirrors. MS03 I also picked up my truck from my wielders shop and he reinforced my hitch and frame with 2 in. SQ tubing. 2x2x1/4 in. wall.

Cool just don't get 02s

Be aware if your truck didn't come with power extending mirrors and you buy power extending mirrors you need to have some things reprogrammed. There is a thread that talks about what is necessary, if you do a search on "installing power folding mirrors" you should find it.

If I remember you had to reprogram the door modules to recognize them, the cluster, and possibly the BCM but the thread tells you for sure.

If I remember correctly what you do is if you put your mirror selector in the middle position then you can use the arrows to extend or retract the mirrors once they are programmed. It is all in the thread about them and I am only going off memory so don't trust my posting for 100% accurate information on this but it is what I remember.

Rodney

Back