• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

My '05 - SERVICE MANUAL

Burrd

I bought my '05 new, I always wanted a Avalanche but I didn't care for the cladding. When I heard you could get one without GM was doing a big rebate program I '05 so I bought one, I wanted the Bose system and the DVD for my girl, there weren't many avail, I wanted one in the Sunburst, but there weren't any around, one in Ohio with the big factory wheels and the Dealer gave us a hard time so my salseman found a loaded one up north Michigan in Dark Gray Metalic, everything but the Nav and chrome handles/ mirrors. It sticker end at $44,605.  I recently put all the factory paperwork in a binder, I found a 2005 Single line brochure I had in a drawer so I put all the papers together.  I still have the orig floor mats, trailer towplug, and antenna, I pulled it off because I like the XM radio, I pulled the Z71 stickers off and picked up two small badges instead  I hate decals. I also bought a set of 18" Hot Wheel mags for the summer, I found some hot wheels badging so it's going to be a Hot Wheel edition like the Camaro has. I'll post some pics.  I had trouble getting on, my password was jacked, but I fixed it.

I posted before I needed a manual, not the glovebox stuff I wanted the GM repair manual, which one am I looking for, is it a Chevy Truck one or is there one for the Avalanche, also does GM still do a Fisher Body manual too?

Not cheap but the best way to get to know every part of your Avalanche.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-CHEVROLET-TAHOE-SUBURBAN-ESCALADE-YUKON-SERVICE-MANUAL-SHOP-REPAIR-/151639840440?hash=item234e7056b8&vxp=mtr

Dang, lol. I'll look at the next swap. Thanks Guys. 

With a 20 dollar chilton manual and the use of this web site, you can manage almost any repair you will need to do.  I'd save your money for a repair or upgrade.  Now if you are planning to do something major like pulling the engine, then by all means, get the best manual money can buy.

So is there one that would cover most? Damn, I thought the old Pontiac stuff was pricy. 

I have this one and have found it to be pretty accurate:

GM Full-Size Trucks, 1999-06 Repair Manual (Chilton's Total Car Care Repair Manual)

I use the torque values from it all the time (at the end of each chapter).    It is slightly annoying to use it exclusively because each procedure will reference another one and send you on a chase.  Also there are sometimes steps that apply only to certain vehicles and you need to use common sense.  But overall, its very well worth the small price you pay to buy it.

The GM Tech center swap was cancelled, I'll start looking at the Packard Prov grounds show/swap.  Thanks all

Back