• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2008 av AIRBAG deployed on driver's side curtain

bigdaddyt71

Has anyone ever had an issue with there airbag system?
My wife just had it go off with absolutely no reason why. 
The service message came on for her and she heard a pop.  Why did this happen.  Please help.

Unfortunately with technology comes technical problems. Could be a short, bad or to sensitive sensor,  they can look at the computer and see why it deployed which may or may not answer the question.

Good luck

Well i got the AV back, turns out they had to replace the airbag modular under the seat area it was corroded due to water seeping under the carpet. That is another issue i have to figure out where the water is coming in at any Ideas could help here!  My Mechanic has everything back together and took it to dealer to reprogram the airbag system. Now i have an issue with the backlighting on the instrument panel. one time i start it only the odemeter and gear selector and radio dim, then next time i start the AV the instrument panel lights are all on. but now you can not dim those at all. what could this encounter. scratching my head on this part of it now. any help would be grateful.

Back