• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Driver Door Module repair in pix

ohiobellboy

SM 2008
SM 2007
So I was having problems getting the driver door window to go down in my '04. After reading another post on here about a member that took his apart and cleaned the contacts I figured I'd give it a shot.

Once you get the door panel off (plenty of threads on here about that) and you unplug the harnesses going to the DDM you can either unsnap it out of the base that is screwed to the door or take the screws out to remove the whole thing.

Here's what it looks like.

The "loops" in the left side in this pix holds that tan colored bottom in place. Release those 8 clips and pull it apart.
The "Fingers" that I'm pointing to hold the electronic boards in place. There's 8 of them also.

This pix shows the boards taken out of the housing. Those two boards are simply held together with a connection. Pull them apart.

Boards pulled apart

The rubber thingymajiggy has what appears to be carbon tips or contact points on it so when you press a button, it makes contact on the ciruit board these telling the window or mirror to do it's thing.

Now that you see how it comes apart (of course after cutting that blue warranty tape) I'll bring this pix back up. Those little oval contact points on mine were dirty. A cotton ball and some rubbing alcohol cleaned them up. I gently wipe down the other side and the other board while I had it apart. Dirt and dust causes heat, heat is an electrical components enemy.

I put it all back together, reinstalled it in the truck and it works like new again.

Dealer wanted about $250 to replace this part as the new one would need programmed to the truck. $250 is a lot of  :cheers: money.  (y)

Nice write up OBB  (y)

Wow...didnt realize when you asked me that you had the '04 with the module like that. My 02 had individual switches and not that whole circuit board. Nice work though!

cbouissey12 said:
Wow...didnt realize when you asked me that you had the '04 with the module like that. My 02 had individual switches and not that whole circuit board. Nice work though!
That's funny. I didn't realize you had an '02 until this post.  :wave:

Glad you got it fixed. Whenever i diagnose a bad switch, I always take it apart to see if its something i can fix before buying a new one. The way I see it, what do you have to lose, if you cant fix it or it breaks while taking it apart, you needed a new one anyways. Fixed both the power window and power mirror switch by taking them apart.  :B:

Back