• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

My 2006/2500 Brake upgrade for towing with 4.56 gears!

dwswanger

PM 2015
PM 2014
  (y)  I just finished a complete brake upgrade with GM 2500 Pads front and back. I now have 110,000 miles on my truck with the Original Brakes. I know because I checked the part #'s and they were with the factory lock tight on the bolts as well. Remember I have 4.56 gears in the truck now for towing with a 13,000 lbs Load. So I went with Power Stop calipers, Bi Directional Rotors left and right side rotors and GM front and rear pads. Then I topped it off with a new set of BFGoodrich KO 2 275-70R-18 126E tires and new wheels plus I had 2 in. 6060 aluminum billet spacers for the rear custom made so that my hub centers were tight fit for the rotors and wheels. Here are some pic's!  Donald

:B:  There are a lot of cars and trucks that have Directional Rotors left and right side rotors that have been put on backwards. The give away is that both of them will be running the same way. Directional Rotors are made to scoop the air into the rotors to help cool and relive the gas from the pads as well. There is always a right and a left side and they still need to be going forward with the truck or car to be installed the right direction. Many rotors are not Directional and one will be forward and the other backwards and are less money most of the time. All four of my rotors are running forward with the truck.

Looks nice. What was your thought with the spacers? Just topushing the rears out to look better? Just wondering. Looks like original lugs coming through the spacers, still have plenty of thread left for the nuts to get the wheels on? I have thought about and read about people doing that before but would make me nervous pulling all that weight. Very tough looking though  (y)

:wave: Good morning jabrd!  I tow a 28 ft. toy huller loaded over 12,000 lbs. I put a set of wheels of a Dodge 2015 3500 18 in.. I wanted a stronger weight carrying wheel than a lot of cast wheels and did not want the tires to stick out side the fender at All! I worked with different + offsets the front spacers are 18 mm. thick and I had to change the studs to 2in. long to retain all the threads and the back are 2 in. I wanted something different and more than strong enough and in chrome only. You have to use a Billet Spacer to be safe cast could crack. I did not want to cross  gutter in the street and go through it and spired down the side of my truck.

Back