• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

engine code 0155 and 0135

03z71vinny

Bite the bullet and had both knock sensors , wiring and new gaskets installed yestersay. Now , my engine is thowing codes for the o2 sensor ..... has anyone encountered this ? Running some B-12 cleaner in it right now (added to gas after having the code read). Could the shop have cuased this ??

:help:

How did you install the gasket and what gasket did you use? Did you use new bolts and washers?

Sounds like maybe the gasket was not properly installed or you didn't use a Felpro gasket with new bolts and washers torques to the proper value...

Rodney

It was the felpro , I have to assume a torque wrench was used , it was done by a reputable shop in the area... I do not think new bolts were used

I ordered all the parts and had the job do the install. This was the gasket kit

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0027XYKZO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Update- fuse for o2 is blown. Replaced fuse , blew as soon as I fired the engine.  Anyone have a photo of where the wire connects at motor..... I can see the wires on the exhaust, they visually look fine

03z71vinny said:
Update- fuse for o2 is blown. Replaced fuse , blew as soon as I fired the engine.  Anyone have a photo of where the wire connects at motor..... I can see the wires on the exhaust, they visually look fine

I believe they run straight to the powertrain control module (computer).  It's located near the battery.  Two big wiring connectors attached to it.

Back