• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

mid gate

lanche 05

Ok. I own an 05 2wd non cladded avi. I have seen how some people can lower the mid gate without taking the back glass down. Why i cant do this? Or how do i do this?

It's the same thing that you do when you lower the midgate after taking the glass out, but you skip the taking the glass out steps.

The mid gate consists of 3 parts... The Lower part that has the hinge etc, the middle part is the bar that the window goes on top of, and the window.

When the window is removed there is a switch/lever that pops out that then allows the bar to move with the lower part of the midgate.

If the window is still sitting in place the switch/lever is pressed in which prevents the bar from moving with the rest of the midgate and stays in place to hold the window.

So yes enoniam is correct. You do it the same way with window in or out, just that the bar will stay or move with the rest of the midgate depending on if the window is in or not. If the switch/latch is broken or sticking it may not allow the bar to stay in place thus your window has to be removed to drop the midgate but otherwise should work fine.

Rodney

First welcome to the site!
If you don't have an owner's manual you can look at the "resources"  section on this site and look at an on line version.....on page 2-14 you will find complete instructions and photos of how to operate the midgate...

Hope you have many happy and safe miles in your AV!

Back