• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Speakers not working ! Only one works is the rear right

brownprider07

I have a 2002 Chevy avalnche. I don't know if there blown or if there's something else going on here. I could have sworn they all used to work. What should I do ? Could it be the radio ? Or something simple ? I hear the tweeters making music. If I have to buy new speakers , any suggestions ? I like to play my music pretty loud. I tend to play music with a good amount of bass. Once an a while I play some nice not so loud songs hah. Price is of course a factor

have you played with Fader and Balance?

Yes that's how I texted each speaker. The only one working is the right rear :/ it's pretty loud for just one. But sadly only one working so far.

I would start by moving the known working speaker to other positions. If the speaker works in other doors, you have bad speakers. If it doesn't work in other doors, read on...

Have you done the amp bypass? If not search for 02 amp bypass and try that. If speakers now work, you had a bad amp and you are good to go. If not...

You have a bad head unit.

Just my $0.02

Hey ! 2 days ago I heard them working perfectly all of them this time !!! I think the left front is definitely going bad or something. It didn't sound to bright. But why did the other ones sound good and now not work again

Back