• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

TPMS replacement part success

tcory77

Just thought I'd pass this along in case it helps anyone.  My TPM sensors started going out one by one.  I have a 2007.  The battery in them can only last so long.  I had a hard time finding information on what part I needed.  After a lot of research I went with Dorman TPMS Sensor part #974-009 from Rock Auto.  I had a couple of shops tell me they were not going to work, that I had to have them professionally synced with my truck, yada, yada, yada.  finally I had them installed when I got a new set of tires from Sam's.  Plug and play.  When I tried relearn the tire positions they all worked seamlessly.

Just thought I'd pass this along in case it helps anyone.

I had Discount Tire put new ones in the last set of wheels I bought, they were 30 bucks each and have not been an issue at all. I switch between summer wheels and winter wheels every year and have never had issue with the relearn. Also you should do the relearn procedure when you rotate your tires so everything reads where it actually is.

I think I paid around $25 a piece for them.  Sam's charged me $5 a piece to install them, so that is right inline with Blackcomb.

I would price them out.  Sam's was pushing theirs to me and they were quite a bit more expensive.  Glad I bought them from Rock Auto.

Back