• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

'03 Where do the front speakers split off?

redheadedrod

SM 2017
PM 2015
I am looking at installing new speakers up front but I want to use the factory wiring for most of it. I will have to run a spare pair of wires to the door but otherwise I should be able to use the factory locations and wiring for the speakers.

I am installing a 3 way  (6, 4, tweeter) in the front (diamond Audio Hex series).

I know from looking at the factory BOSE speakers that they use passive crossovers (Caps) on the tweeters and the woofers in the door run full range. I have a passive cross over that will split the frequencies properly but if I am going to use the factory wiring I need to know where to tap into the system. Has anyone tracked down the speaker wiring and found where the door and tweeters split?

My other option is to just split the connection in the kick panel that goes to the door and place my crossover there and run wiring up for the tweeter but I would rather use the factory wiring wherever possible.

Thanks!

Rodney

Back