• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Adding CDX to factory nav

dutchy

i added the the tnr nav to my truck.  i do not have onstar or xm radio.  If i remember there is an used port on the back of my radio.  can i add the cdx to my radio without splicing wires by just plugging a harnesses into the nav and cdx?

It's been so long since I did mine I honestly can't remember if there was splicing involved. I'm sure MS03 will chime in soon with a solid answer for you.

There is a harness that is a direct plugin for the Y91 option which AV do not have, but you can splice it in a non Y91. part number 15312903

Also DO NOT buy a 02 down CD player it will not work.

Here is a link to the post I found.

Linky

index.php

index.php

so I received the 9 wire harness I bought off of ebay today.  the wire colours are different than the ones in the diagram.  the part number is 15312903, but the description was also listed for 2002 and prior models.  I assume this doesn't matter as long as I match the right slot numbers as shown in the diagrams? 

Just want to make sure I have piece of mind, wiring scares me a bit.

Location, Location, Location.... Is what is important...

Yeah the 2002 down are different, but if you have all the wires it should work.

Randy said:
Location, Location, Location.... Is what is important...

It goes in the console in the lower cubby.

So I received the cdx on Friday.  The bezel on the top left corner was chipped off in the box during shipping, or at least I hope during shipping.  I haven't checked yet but I hope the dash bezel covers the chip, then it's no harm-no foul otherwise i'll be returning it which is a PITA due to the international shipping etc.  ...first world problems ;)

Back