• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Heater Fan Motor not blowing

TylerDSAudi

Hello, I'm new around here and from what I see there is lots of good info and members on here for a helping hand! I got a small problem with my blower fan not working here's what happened and what I did:

Heater and fan were working fine going into work, come out after shift and I have no fans at all. I have had this happen on other agan trucks and I knew right away it was either a fuse or blower motor resistor module. Checked my fuses and they seem good, so I ordered a new resistor and installed it and still nothing. I have a hard time believe the blower motor is gone out of it since it's a 2009 with 73,0000km.... So I've check blower motor connections, board is fully working and good, next I guess I could check the motor with a meter?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

And if you have the digital display / auto HVAC, be prepared for THAT to be at fault. Seems disturbingly common in the first gens, wouldn't be surprised if the same issue can occur on the 2nd.

Back