• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Bouncing Speedometer Needle

screamingbuick

Anyone know a good reason to why this is happening, also notice odometer is lit but not adding up the miles all the time

Probably the speed sensor or the connector but I suppose it could also be in the dash. My guess is the speed sensor is connected to the transmission.

If it weren't just the speedometer I'd say stepper motor or connector but since the odometer is acting up too I'd lean more towards speed sensor too. That's the common point here.

where can i get this speed sensor, and where on the transmission is it, I'd like to change that this weekend?

That fixed it, speed sensor replaced, thanks guys, I had ordered a set of stepper motors for like $25 already, well, they will go in a draw until needed someday maybe:)

You guys are the best, thanks alot!!!!!! (y)

10 minutes , just because its so darn cold and my hands were cold, haha. really easy. It's one of those things you have to feel because you can't see it.

Back