• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Exhaust Answers Quick!!!

OCblackdiamond

Hey all I know there are a ton of threads but don't have time to search that much. Quickly I'm waiting at the shop

2013 Black Diamond 5.3L

I want to go from the flange to a straight 3" dump at the rear exhaust.

Removing resonator and muffler

Will this cause low end torque or any performance loss?

Will this cause the DOD/AFM to effect the ride/drone?

Or is using a flow master 40 better? I don't believe back pressure is an issue with all the cats and what not at stock

I'm in California so I went with a flow master 10 series with a 3" pipe and dump at the rear axle. Played it safe, going a 10 series instead of 40 just for liudness

Good luck with your choice and welcome to the site!

Yes correct, I chose the flow master 10 series I have them on my 2012 Camaro SS and sound pretty good and has the V8 rumble to it. The Corsa is ok but can't validate the extra cost for the name when a flow master is just as well

I have heard that Flowmaster was coming out with a stainless system but not read much about it. For me the exhaust debate all depends on your philosophy of vehicle ownership.....if you plan to keep a vehicle for a long time or drive in harsh conditions like road salts etc.. and you don't want to be buying new exhaust every couple of years then you look for a stainless setup that has a lifetime warranty like Corsa or Magnaflow. They are known for no drone and offer performance gains without being annoying, no need to yell to talk to someone in cab or having to turn up stereo to hear music.
Sound is a very subjective thing though and what may be music to one person's ears could be aggravating noise to another and vice versa.
We all tend to want to justify our decisions regardless of the brand or type of mod we do to our vehicles, heck we probably do it in most choices in life.

As a side note, I have had Corsa on my AVs for the last 11 years and love them. I do have a 1947 Chevy Coupe restomod with dual Flowmasters on it and it sounds good but a little loud.....when the Flowmasters rust out I will try to replace them with custom Corsa or Magnaflow.

I won't buy Flowmaster anymore, I'm in California and have had more than one set rust out. Go with Magnaflow stainless unless Flowmaster starts making them in stainless. Even so price with probably jump way up, go with Magnaflow..

I had a flowmaster rust out on me but I liked it and replaced it with the same thing.

The first one lasted me around 7 years and 150,000 miles.

Back