• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Blower not working at all.

cbouissey12

My 2002 Av with manual HVAC is having an issue with the blower motor not turning on at all. I know usually if the resistor is bad, it will at least work on high. This is not the case. By chance, i replaced the resistor with hopes that it would fix it but no success. We had temps yesterday morning of -25 F. so this is kind of inconvenient to say the least. It is currently wired up to a spare switch on my aux switch panel for my emergency lights but that doesnt help me when it comes to remote start. All the wiring looks great.

I do have power at the larger orange wire that goes into the resistor, but nowhere else on that plug when i turn the switch.

Im thinking either the 1-5 switch or is there a relay or something that might be bad?

Please    :help:

So the blower works when you put it on a direct 12v feed but does not work when you have it hooked up to the HVAC controls?

Sounds like an issue with the HVAC control module, but hopefully someone wiser than myself will chime in

Where is the HVAC control module located? Judging by pictures, it just looks like a relay but its not in the fuse panels to my knowledge. I have a very hard time believing that its the rotating switch but I could be wrong. Just trying to figure out where it is so I can do some testing.

HVAC control module is the unit that the rotary switch sits in.

Ok. But it also looks like there is possibly another relay somewhere? Going to be going out into the cold after to do some testing...

Well its fixed. I found a wiring diagram on this forum and went out and did some testing. Both fuses were good. Wiring behind the fuse panels looked good. Removed the switch on the dash and took the fan speed switch off to test that. Resistance tested good on all terminals. Reinstalled and rewired the factory blower motor resistor. Tested wires coming into the resistor and had power coming in. Being totally lost as to why it wasnt working, I then plugged the resistor into the blower motor and BAM! It begins to work. What did I do or change? Absolutely nothing! But its working again and I dont care! I guess sometimes things just need to be taken apart and put back together over and over again to begin to work again....  :E:

Back