• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Door Panel Removal

Easy buddy.

Take a flat head and look behind the door release handle and behind the handle to hold onto the door and you will see a piece that is removable. Remove them with the flat head.
Pull up on the door lock on the door panel, you will see a small square piece. Pry this out and the lock will slide up.
If working on front door, remove the triangle plastic piece on the front/top of the panel.
Remove the bolts that were behind the removable panels behind the handles.
Take your flathead and starting from the bottom of the door, pry the door away and it will release the door from the snap in clips
Then lift the door up
Reach behind the door and disconnect the wiring plugs
Remove panel and youre done

To reinstall:
Push the bottom of the door into the alignment holes so that the bottom may rest in the door
Connect the wiring plugs (they only fit in one of the connections so do not worry about hooking the wrong one into the wrong spot)
Lift the door up and onto the window gasket so that it grabs onto and will sit against the door
Firmly hit the door along the sides and bottom so that the snap in clips get pushed in
Reinstall the handle bolts
Reinstall the triangle plastic trim piece if working on front door
Reinstall lock by removing the square piece and then pushing the lock down and then pushing the square piece in
Reinstall the handle removable pieces

Boom youre done. Hope this helps ya out  (y)

If you don't already have one, i'd pop to harbor freight tools and buy a trim remover, it makes removing the panel without putting a screwdriver shaped indent into the edge much easier lol

Just be wary that the the door will be connected to the electric window wire harness so be careful when pulling away from the door skin, it should also be linked to the door handle release cable. I found when removing mine from an 07 (rear passenger) the black silicone type seal made it really difficult to pull off to the point where i thought there were still bolts in there!

Back