• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Did anyone come across this problem?

rs72camaro

SM 2008
SM 2006
SM 2005
I had to jump the AV this morning, after sitting for 2 weeks.  After it fired off the radio (Kenwood 5 years old) wouldn't come on.  I disconnected the battery, let it sit for a few reconnected it and the radio came on with no key in the ignition and door open.  Its been hooked up to the ignition side so it should only come on with the key in start position and turn off once the door opens and key removed.  Now its acting like its getting power constantly.  Also, steering controls are acting funny.  Vol up-don't work, Vol down- vol goes up,  Seek down- Vol goes down.  All started after jumping the AV off. 

Thanks,
Joe

Was the aftermarket radio installed with an integration adapter?

My guess is that adapter as well as the steering wheel control adapter got damaged somehow in the jump....

Disconnect battery and try again...

REboot all them computers and adapters

Man you got yourself a real good case of Gremlins.
bbq-gremlin.jpg

Let us know how it turns out.

I have a Kenwood aftermarket HU and every so often it will start acting up.
The controls don't work right or they don't respond to the steering wheel interface. Once, the USB input was dead. I thought that my IPod had bit the dust because everything else worked fine.
A couple times the radio wouldn't come on at all.

In each case I pulled the fuse and reseated it, and everything went back to normal. Whenever I do this I can hear a realay somewhere inside the dash reset. I think it just kinda hangs up or something.
The fuse for the radio is in the inside panel, on the left side of the dash.
Give it a shot. Only takes a few seconds.

Back