• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Michelin tires- Best choice for a stock '02 AV

74Rallye

I''ve decided to go with Michelin tires on the 02 AV that's my Wife's daily driver/kid hauler.
Which model Michelin tire is best overall for a street use only, stock Av?
Thanks!

I buy the ones with the highest written millage warranty at Costco.  If I don't get the millage out of them, they discount my new ones.  You may have to get a manager involved but they will stand behind them. Think of it this way.  If they are guaranteeing you 40,000 miles, you're prob gonna get it.  Make sure it is in writting and keep it in the truck with a copy of the dated receipt and installed millage.  They cost more, but with the miles I put on it end up saving me money.

for street use, I recommend the michelin lattitude.  I just changed mine again a couple weeks ago and opted against them this time because they have raised the price significantly, but they were good tires.    I went with good year this time cause there was a great deal on them...  if you can wait for a rebate, you will save some $$.  I needed tires asap...

I just put a set of the LTX MS2's on two weeks ago, and love them, best tires I have ever owned.  I have an 08 AV.  I am convert now, Michelin all the way from now on...

Very clear winner here! The LTX/M-S2 seemed like the best choice from the info available on the Michelin site as well. Thanks!

Now I need to find a promo offer! My price is $189 ea, so I'm shopping around.

I guess I'm alone in my judgement.  I had ltx m/s before the lattitude tires and was disappointed.  Not only did they spin on wet pavement if you were'nt careful accelerating, they only lasted like 45k even though you are paying for a 60 or 70k tire.  I got the same life out of the lattitude tires for much less which I felt rode smoother and stuck to the pavement better in the rain.  It hardly ever snows here, so I can't make a comparison there...

Back