• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 Rear Coil Spring Upgrade?

oldsklr

Just wondering if anyone has done or heard of an upgrade available for the rear coil springs on the new 2007 & up chassis? would like a coil spring or air bag set up equivalent  to 2500 load capacity. I haul some heavy loads often in the bed of my avalanche and even with helper air bag set up, it seems to sag pretty bad...
any help and or advice is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Adding bags or what does not allow truck to haul any more.

YOu always have the GVWR which is based on all sorts of things like FRAME, brakes, ENgine power, suspension etc etc etc etc

ygmn is correct about the GVWR, however if you go into overload occasionally like I have done a few times a heavy duty rear sway bar and Air Lift air bags may help you from sagging to a point where something is rubbing where it shouldn't be rubbing.  I've had both items on my '08 since '09 and they work well. 

I'm not telling you it's OK to overload there are other considerations that ygmn mentioned, however sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.

...ok..
ive had a 2007 avalanche I installed air bags on and didn't seem to help the load capacity, which is what im looking to increase. looking to get another one and want to get it right this time. I think I may have found my problem and solution.  :rolleyes:
my last avalanche had the original springs and im pretty sure now they were 'tired'...
found the Moog 81069 springs which appear to be for the z71 packages and have a tighter winding with more coils. I think these new springs along with the air bag set up I had will help my situation.

Back