• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

What brand of tires do you run

BH55

Gonna need to buy tires soon .  .  . so tell me, what brand of tire do you run.

Michelin, exclusively,  for street and light trail. BFG A/T for any vehicle that gets real off-road use.

Cooper tires on all my vehicles for the last 15 years.  Right now I have AT3's on my Cherokee, S/T's on my Wrangler and ATP's on the Avalanche. 

We are having Nitto Terra Grappler G2s put on next Monday.  LT285R70/17 on the stock wheels.  Currently running the stock tires.

The Av had Toyo Open Country A/T tires that maybe had 10K on them when I bought it.  I put almost 30K on them and weather checking got past my comfort zone so I replaced them with Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor tires.  Too early to comment but they look good, ride good and are quiet.

Just had Firestone Destination LE2 put on. Nice ride on highway and did great in the 18 inch snow storm we just had.

Michelin M/S2.  Wore out my first set of Michelins after about 65K.  I figure this will be the last set I buy.  Nice and quiet.  Good wet and snow grip

Nitto NT 420S. Pure street tire though. Sharp looking.

nitrh5.xl.jpg

Don't want to hijack this thread but my question is similar...my factory tires are fading fast and I will need to replace mine soon.  No snow around here but need something that isn't too noisy but is good in the rain.  I have 20" tires.  I don't need a 'cadillac' tire, just something that does the job good.

majorv said:
Don't want to hijack this thread but my question is similar...my factory tires are fading fast and I will need to replace mine soon.  No snow around here but need something that isn't too noisy but is good in the rain.  I have 20" tires.  I don't need a 'cadillac' tire, just something that does the job good.

The Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus is a good tire.  The size I have are 270/65r20.  They are good in wet weather and I am confident with them in the snow.  Seeing as you don't have a worry about snow, these should be OK for you. The tread looks like this:
coprh5.xl.jpg

Back