• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Ticking noise under dash

Pmurray

Hi all. I own a 2012 LT z71 with about 37k miles on her. Recently I have noticed a ticking noise coming from unknown location under dash, pass side I think. I did search the topic already and found a few older threads but nothing definitive. Here's what I do know. The tick, every few seconds remains the same speed regardless of the fan speed. If I turn the HVAC system off it stops. Also if turn the recirc air button on it stops. So basically it ticks when the system is on and the fresh air vent is open. Does that sound like a relay type issue? Anyone else have the same problem? Thanks.

I had that problem with my 2003 Z-66.  Took it to the dealer, he said it was one of the relays on the position of where I wanted the air to flow.  They said I could pay for them to trouble shoot or live with it.  Fiqured out what position on airflow caused by troubleshooting myself and decided not to use that position on the switch.  Believe it was blowing everything from top vents.  Preferred the top/bottom.  No tick.  Happy camper.  So far with my 2013 no ticking.

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to play with it some more and see. So far the only way it stops is when I turn on the recirc, unfortunately some positions, like when blowing feet only recirc is not an option which I do not understand why. I did recently buy an extended warranty so I'll have to see if it's covered.

Back