• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2003 Northface w/ bose

REDTAB78

Ok, did a thorough search and couldn't find an answer to my question.  I have a 2003 Northface with bose and onstar, what I'm looking for is a replacement head unit that meets the following criteria:

- Capable of retaining steering wheel controls
- integrates with the bose amps  (don't want to add anything but a head unit for now)
- Navigation system
- CD player
- Bluetooth

Double din is ok, I don't mind cutting...am I asking too much?

Crutchfield.com is a good place to start. You can put in your avy and let you know what fits and then what else you need to install it.

For the head unit You'll just have to find a head unit that has all those options. Make sure it says you'll be able to retain steering wheel controls. You'll have to buy an adapter to retain them. Also to integrate the Bose amp you'll need a wiring harness that about $100. Now you can buy a harness that has steering wheel controls, Bose amp, and onstar all together but it's obviously more money. www.pac-audio.com is a good website to look up wiring harnesses.

http://www.amazon.com/PAC-OnStar-Replacement-Interface-General/dp/B0002J229Q/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1420932023&sr=8-6&keywords=gmos-04

That's the harness I just bought and installed. Integrates amp and retains warning chimes. And retains onstar.

You'll also need an antenna adapter.

Hope this gets you going in the right direction.

Yes, you need a deck that can support the steering wheel controls. The other vehicle related stuff needs an adapter which as stated is about $100 but could be up to $150 depending. Crutchfield is a good place to research it at a minimum but otherwise it is not a big deal and most any car audio shop should be able to help you. if they can't then run...

Rodney

Back