• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2007 exhaust mod

shonB

I have a 2007 with stock exhaust. Would I gain much sound by replacing the stock muffler with a flowmaster 40 or 10 series? Also, would it make an undesirable noise when coasting in v4 mode? Any reply is appreciated!

You will find a mountain of info in the exhaust section and as mentioned many times, sound is a very subjective thing and what is music to someone's ears may be noise to you or vice versa. Yes a Flowmaster will give you more noise but some models do give you drone in the cab (generally the lower the model number the more noise.) FYI more noise doesn't always translate into more HP or Torque.
So is your desire to change exhaust to increase performance or just be loud?
I noticed in another thread you mentioned wanting to disable the rear O2 sensor and the displacement on demand feature, are you planning to remove the CATS? (There is no performance gain from doing that and you may also be breaking federal law by removing cats on a road vehicle if you are in the US.)
Just my .02 but I would look at a good quality cat back system if I was planning to keep the AV for many years. Something like a Corsa or Magnaflow. They spend lots of money on developing a well balanced system and have a lifetime warranty.

Thanks for the reply... i just want a little more sound than stock... not worried about performance gain at this point... my first 4x4 and trying to figure it all out...  sounds like a simply replacing the stock with what i mentioned will get me what im after...

If you want to start simple and very affordable, try the SLP tip and resonator delete in a couple nearby threads. You can find these kits under $100. And they look and sound better for very little work.

(y)
AVinSbyCt said:
Corsa sport (y) It'll cost a little in gas though 'cause it sounds soooo good!

I love my Corsa too, but it didn't look like be wants to spend that much.
Oh and my milage took a bigger drop with the headers. They really make the difference in the quality of the sound. Even through a Corsa product.

yes cost is a big factor since purchasing truck lift tires wheels all in one month... and a baby on the way... the slp slip on looks okay... thanks guys

Yeah, don't think you can go wrong with SLP products, GM has always put a lot of trust in them.
When you do it, post back here to tell your impression. So many times these threads die at this point and we never see the results.

I had a flowmaster 40 put on today which gave it a low rumble but isnt very loud. Does anyone know how much louder it will be with the slp dual tip resonator delete? it may be a few weeks before i get that done.

Well, I took the advice for the SLP and it worked out quite well for it being as affordable as it was... i may play with it to get it to stick out a little farther, but the flowmaster and resonator delete tip creates a nice low rumble for $230 dollars... im happy with it

IMG_20150212_074402_645.jpg

IMG_20150212_074427_429.jpg

IMG_20150212_074419_936.jpg

IMG_20150212_074407_319.jpg

The SLP is a great mod for the money, great quality fit and finish too.

You'll have to get a sound bite of the flow master 40 and the slp as i'd be interested to see if its doable for me and the kiddios!

Back