• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

2005 passenger wiper not working.

kusy

I thought I would ask here before I started working on the truck as its kinda chilly here on the northern prairies. on my 2005 I just purchased, the passenger side wiper arm does not move, is this common, easy fix or do I need to go to the farm in a heated shop to see whats up? thx,jason

Take the arm off and see if the splines are still there and if the gear still moving.

It's common if the previous owner did not scrape the snow and ice off the windshield before turning on the wiper.

May just need to tighten the bolt that secures the arm.

As MS03 2500 said it's pretty common, had it happen a few times to me, where I turned on the wipers with one of the blades frozen in place and had the wiper motor going, driving one blade, but just rotating inside the hole at the base of the wiper arm.  Most likely one of the easiest fixes you'll ever find.

ours did that as well... when I turned it on with it frozen :E:
Ours eventually would not stay tight and I bought a replacement arm (dorman I think) off ebay for about $16. Its been perfect since then.

Back