• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

best shocks for Z71

red_loctite

hey guys, I just bought my 2002 AV Z71 w/ 220000kms, and I need shocks.  I do 95% highway and 250kms a day.  I need the best ride shocks.  I don't do any off roading or any real towing.  We up here in Alberta also get down to -40C.
any suggestions?
Thanks
chris.

I would stick with the stock Z71 Bilstein shocks too!

I put Monroe Reflex on my 03 and it rides really nice. Not at stiff at the original Bilsteins, and not nearly as expensive either.

1 thread per topic and most appropriate section as well..

thank you!

jmuller62 said:
I put Monroe Reflex on my 03 and it rides really nice. Not at stiff at the original Bilsteins, and not nearly as expensive either.

Did the same on my old 03 and loved it.  The ride was more controlled but not harsh at all.  Wish I could find something equivalent for my 10.

+ 1 for Bilsteins!  Just put. New set one my '02 and all I can say is....Chevy spec'd the correct shock on the Z-71!!!  Order them and don't look back :)

I put new Bilstein HDs on all around.  They rode a bit too stiff at first, but they loosened up just enough after about 6 months.  I notice the new rear Bilstein shocks seem to not be as advanced as the originals.  The originals hit a different valving and slow down (become stiffer) just before the end of travel.  The new ones have the same force all the way to the end. 

Back