• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

one of my shocks broke.

bigbrent

hey guys long time since ive posted but one of my shocks broke on my truck. guess I went a little too hard in the mud ;) lol but im looking to replace them all. so I want to know what you guys think I shouldget for the best bang for my buck. im a broke college student so not much of a budget. so let me know what you guys think! I don't have enough money to change the whole suspension or I would. I want a lift. but like I said not enough money for all that :( merry Christmas everyone. hope to hear from you soon!

10425844_10152405212010666_459242995760705724_n.jpg
  heres a picture of the broken shock

I wasn't trying to sound Cold Hearted on Christmas Day, but, when I first started driving my Daily Driver in a Cavalier Manner, I asked myself what would I do if I manifested serious damage or completely destroyed the vehicle.

When you drive Hard you may end up paying hard.

As time goes by, we all end up doing what we can afford to live with.

im considering getting other trucks/ cars because of gas mileage. but I cant seem to find anything I like that would be in my price range that I would want.  and absolutely love my avalanche, got it 4000 under book value from a dealer.

but thanks for the suggestions! Ill keep doing my research and this is literally the only thing mechanically that has gone wrong with my truck the over 3 years ive had it and the truck is an 02 so im expecting things to go wrong. just sucks having to pay for the parts when they go wrong. the rear shocks are leaking oil as well so im replacing them all.

12 - 13 years, assuming they're original, isn't bad for a set of shocks, especially if you're taking it off road from time to time.  Good luck in your search. 

Aha same thing happened to me less than a year ago. A little to much air time I guess. I replaced them with basic munroes. Work great and easy to install if you are on a budget.
cheers

Back