• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Exhaust Installation

Ian Dozier

I have a 2012 Avy LTZ with Auto-Ride.  I want to run dual pipe with one pipe coming out each side.  I was told this could only be done if I removed my spare tire underneath.  Can anyone confirm this.  Thanks in advance.

There are many threads on here about dual exhaust and the general consensus is that if you have a good shop who can custom bend pipes the dual exhaust can be done but it is a tight fit on the driver's side.

I was told that it is a very tight fit as well. The arm attaching from the frame to the rear axle gets in the way and would bend the pipe if it hit. I have since removed my spare tire anyways and will run dual straights.

I'm not sure about the Gen-2 Avy but Gibson makes a dual side exit and a dual rear exit exhaust for Gen-1. Any good muffler shop can custom bend a dual exhaust setup. It's tight around the spare tire but it can be done; the problem is that most shops simply don't want to go to the extra effort required. They would rather turn 'em and burn 'em with standard muffler and pipe replacements.

Back