• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Aftermarket Bluetooth mic placement

Snyder80

Hi all!

Just wanted to take a poll... For those who have installed aftermarket head units with Bluetooth, where have you placed the microphone?

My thought was headliner would have less wind noise if a window was open but I'd rather not have to talk into the ceiling.

Near the gauge cluster would be good for talking normally but could pick up more background noise.

Thanks in advance for any opinions! :wave:

Factory blue tooth goes in the over head console.

Close to both you and your passenger and away from the windows...

In 1st gen trucks it is a small module attached to the side of the overhead module. I believe in newer trucks it is more integrated into the truck. It is NOT the small disk shaped thing over the drivers head in the headliner which is a temperature sensor.

So if you want to do it factory like you would want to go to the over head console...

Rodney

When I did mine about 3 years ago I put it on the windshield just above the rear view mirror with it facing me. Worked fine and no wind noise or other noises

06 Avy with Kenwood Dnx7200, Bluetooth unit is separate, so mic is attached to the overhead console facing the windshield and the small boom sticks out just a little facing the driver's seat. My audio system is mostly 2007 technology and equipment.

Back