• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Leaking water in back area somewhere

GT_80

got to work this morning, went in back seat to grab my backpack, and noticed water has been dripping in the corner of the window somewhere :( now I need to flip the seat down and try to find out why it's leaking... I also noticed the plastic frame on the window has a couple cracks in the corner- doesn't look like it affects anything, but I never noticed before...

mine leaks a little as well. my window plastic frame is also cracked. allot of people on here have been fixing the cracks with silicone. make sure your seals are clean and soft.

GT_80 said:
got to work this morning, went in back seat to grab my backpack, and noticed water has been dripping in the corner of the window somewhere :( now I need to flip the seat down and try to find out why it's leaking... I also noticed the plastic frame on the window has a couple cracks in the corner- doesn't look like it affects anything, but I never noticed before...
I'm shooting you an email with something that might help with your leak.  In regards to the window frame, it's a common issue.  Some folks have fixed it with JB Weld.  The coloring blends well if memory serves.

frito said:
I'm shooting you an email with something that might help with your leak.  In regards to the window frame, it's a common issue.  Some folks have fixed it with JB Weld.  The coloring blends well if memory serves.

I got the email. Thanks! I will check it out later today- rain stopped for now, and were supposed to get a foot or more of snow tomorrow into thursday. Happy Thanksgiving :D I'm actually excited to drive the avy in the snow with the locker - my open diff on the Sierra warranted a lot of 4WD that was unnecessary LOL

GT_80 said:
I got the email. Thanks! I will check it out later today- rain stopped for now, and were supposed to get a foot or more of snow tomorrow into thursday. Happy Thanksgiving :D I'm actually excited to drive the avy in the snow with the locker - my open diff on the Sierra warranted a lot of 4WD that was unnecessary LOL
My pleasure.  That's what I love about these forums.  (y)  My winter tires shipped today.  I hope we get pounded like we did last year so I can put them to good use.

This is the crack in plastic on my rear window...

020_zps94eb8ec4.jpg

Doesn't seem to be the cause of the leaking. I haven't seen a leak since that one day- I think the weather has to be just the right temp, and the wind has to be blowing the rain into the rear window channel.

mine was leaking through the nutserts for the top cladding for  3rd brakelight when bought the truck had hideous lights on back when went to remove them screws were turning in roof was able to drop headliner and get a wrench on them to stop turning reached through cause window was out put back together later on  had water leak on inside under rear window lock latch thingies  SPINNING NUTSERTS  dropped headliner in back 100% silicone and small tubing on nozzle a little around spinning nutsert  smoothed with finger no more leaks  nutsert for cladding was issue for me hope this helps some others with some of those mysterios leaks just a thought good luck

Back