• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Nebraska Members check in here!

jnspur

SM 2009
SM 2008
SM 2007
SM 2006
SM 2005
SM 2004
SM 2003
Members can check in here to find other members in your area.

I'm glad you guys are checking in. I was hoping these threads would give members a place to chat outside of a specific cruise topic.

I pick my new 2003 up this Thursday (8-14-03). Here's a shameless plug for my dealer - Sid Dillon. I got my Av at 5K below invoice.

Congrats, jfgranger! (y) Tell us a bit more about the Av - also, what part of town are you in? Look for the amber DRL's! (mod #1, of course!)

We need to do another evening dinner somewhere, sometime gang. Any thoughts?

How about another Sortino's night sometime? It is fairly centrally located and the parking lot is good size.....

It'll give me a chance to show off the new WAAG bar and nerf bars :)

My Av will be a White 2003 (with cladding).
- Leather Seats
- Conv pkg
- Electric Sunroof
- Z71
- Trailer pkg
- Roof Racks

I live in the St Thomas Moore area (near 50th & Grover). I'm all up for a meeting. Needless to say that Saturdays are out starting 8-30-03 ;-)

I've had my Summit White for about 2 weeks now. I love it.

I've already installed the Accessory direct nerf bars, bug shield, window covers, Z71 avalanche decals from streamline design.

I'm trying to decide between a Bull bar or full front bar... ???

Count me in for a meet. I'm in west O so Sortino's sounds good to me.

Jeff

Where at in West O? Maybe we could meet up sometime, I have the full front bar on mine, it will give you an idea.

Pennfold and Mab
I'm at 174th and Blondo. I also have a neighbor with a 2003 Pewter Avy. We talked about the site and getting a meet together for the local Av owner's.
Anytime you all want to meet give me a call 880-1402.

Jeff

wow..I'm off site for a couple of hours and see what I miss!!!

Welcome to the club jfgranger and dblegle!!!

I'm up for a Sortino's night.

Later.

Sean

jfgranger said:
I live in the St Thomas Moore area (near 50th & Grover). I'm all up for a meeting. Needless to say that Saturdays are out starting 8-30-03 ;-)

Hey jfgranger, what did you mean by this ??? - you work Saturdays, are you out puttin' miles on the Av or what? Just curious, as I'd like to suggest Sortino's on Aug. 30th. Would you be available?

How about the rest of the Omaha bunch? J. Sortino's, 6:00 pm on the 30th? I know that's Labor Day weekend - will this work or not? I'd like to do it perhaps sooner, but we've already got plans for the weekend of 23-24th. If Labor Day weekend won't work, any other suggestions?

MAB

Hey Sean, don't cry too much, you might rust your Av! (oh yeah, I forgot - you Navy guys are supposed to be experts at scraping rust :p) Besides, if that date won't work for a few of us we can choose another date - perhaps the following Saturday. Let's see what works best for the gang!

;)

I won't be able to make it either. I'll be putting my season tickets to good use ;D
How about a small mid week hour/two hour GTG or something?

Ohhh surrrrre. Pick on the Navy guy.

I was just checking on painting my AV Grey and putting big white numbers on the side. I miss being out to sea so much...NOT!!! Why do think I'm in Nebraska?

Speaking of rust Mark. What's the best way to prep for the winter here? This will be my first "real" winter.

Later.
Sean

The best mod for your AV in Nebraska is a heated garage!

Otherwise a good coat of paint protectant, and wash the salt off the truck as soon as you can. I also try to hit a "brushless" car wash 1 time a week and get the under carriage wash option. Keeping the salt and crap off is key.

I'm a clean freak anyway so I suspect I will be going crazy. during the winter. :E: Luckily I have a garage. Do you ever switch oil weights? Are block heaters a must if you leave it outside? I still have to worry about my other truck.

Thanks for the advice.

Later.
Sean

hey, Dblegle. Do you have the Z-71 graphics like ChevyThunder or are they the mountain graphics?
I saw a white z-71 with the mountain graphics and nerf bars in my parking garage the other day.

and it had in transits.
Just curious....

CT, I have never had to worry about oil weights or block heaters (although the block heater would be nice)
It never realllllly gets that cold for more than a couple of days at a time.
If you really are concerned about the cold, pick up a remote start. And make sure you start the trucks every day or every othe day, just to keep the battery good.
But the important thing is keep the salt and crap off of it as much as possible.

Back