• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

07 ava heated seats

07 ava How do you get the heated seats to turn off when the key is turned off.

• interior electric

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • eletric

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
But they don't.  If I turn off the key and remove them,  open the door, put the keys back in the seats heaters are still on.  They don't turn off!  :E:

So are you leaving the key in when you are not driving it.

No I don't leave the keys in the ignition.  Let me be more clear.
If I have the seat heaters on and if I don't turn them off before I turn off the key and remove them, the next morning the battery will be dead. If I do go out and check to see if the they are still on 30 mins later.  If I put the key in the ignition and turn it on and the seat heater is still turned on.  Both of the front seat heater do the same thing and stay on. They won't turn off with the key. You have to do it manually before you turn off the ignition. 
I have been trying to figure this problem out for months.  Did have any problem in the summer unless I ran the heaters. I did a battery drain test and came up with nothing. Until it got cold and the only thing that I did differently was the seat heaters.  So I did the drain test again and it blow the amp meter fuse because the seat heaters were still on. 

Back