• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Heated seats not working.

Rsams6

So I bought a 2006 Avalanche not this last weekend but the weekend before. I drove her saturday but not yesterday. Get in this morning to go to work and no heated seats. Now both seats are not working so there for tells me there must be a fuse somewhere, but for the life of me cannot figure out which fuse it is  :E:. Or is there something else that I am missing somewhere?

Most likely a burned out heater element in the driver's seat.

One burned out element pad will take out the whole system.

Kinda like Christmas tree lights.

Plenty of posts on that topic here.

just be happy you have heated seats i have 2 feet of snow here in buffalo ny and my butt gets pretty cold :kidding:

congrats on the av hope u like it as much as me!

Ok so i wanst overly clear on what was going on. When I hit my button for my heated seats i do not even get lights to come on and on either side. A friend mentioned to me when he had his avalanche (which he put 240,000ish on it) he had the same problem and it happened to be a relay. So i have been trying to find what relay would cause this problem. If you have an idea of which realy that would be great! Thanks guys. And also i am going to keep the video in mind just in case it is not a relay since he did have some good info in it.

Also another thing that i have found is that the seats wont move either  :E: . So my guess is theyre conected in some way, and now i just gotta figure out how that is  (n).

When I was troubleshooting my heated seat problem, I kept hearing a relay click on and off.

Some people had reported they thought that relay was under the dash.

I found it to be under the driver's seat.

There are a ton of wires, connectors and controller boxes under there.

I would start by pulling the seat and making sure everything is plugged in correctly before I started buying parts.

Pretty much everything will only plug in once place.

The only plug I saw that could possibly be plugged into the wrong place was the connector that goes to the seat belt warning switch (black, if I remember correctly) that CAN fit into the middle connector on the seat back heater where the seat bottom heater wire is supposed to attach.

Just make sure all of the colors match on those seat heater connections (green, I think) and you should not have a problem there.

While most of the wires are originally routed away from any pinch points, I can see where it would be very easy to mess around and get a wire in a bad place.

When you have the seat out, run down each wire and make sure they don't bind anywhere or have already gotten cut or pinched.

I hate running down electrical problems.

Thanks for your help guys I ended up finding my problem! :D I found the connection under the seat had kind of melted two spots on the connector. But I have solved the problem!!!

I got a 07 Avalanche , here's my heated seat issue :
I have all power to locks , Windows , memory seats on both sides. 
I have no heated seats on both sides.
The switch s for both seats don't light up...... I've searched on here and haven't found this combination of problems. Please help.  Newbie on here today.  Ty.  Steve

Steveo976 said:
I got a 07 Avalanche , here's my heated seat issue :
I have all power to locks , Windows , memory seats on both sides.  
I have no heated seats on both sides.
The switch s for both seats don't light up...... I've searched on here and haven't found this combination of problems. Please help.   Newbie on here today.   Ty.  Steve

Your description of your problem is exactly what is being described here.

You may or may not see any lights on the door switch light up.

They may light up for a few seconds or not at all.

When either of my driver's seat elements were bad, neither seat would function.

Check out the video I linked to and I bet your issue will get solved.

Good luck!

(y)

Back