• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Fix for B0019 Airbag Code

wrd1972

Here is the fix for a B0019 OD airbag code (passenger side deployment loop high resistance) on 2007+.

There are two junction connections on the four wire harness that runs from the SDM (airbag controller under driver seat) to the passenger side airbag (I/P module). Once connection is just below the passenger side airbag in the dash and another is behind the driver side kick panel.

In my case, the connector behind the driver side kick panel had likely a bit of corrosion and there was high resistance that thre the service airbag message and light on the dash. Once I cleaned this connection, the light was gone and the problem is now fixed.

High resistance in either of these connections will throw the B0019 OD code.

Just wanted to pass this along so others may profit from it as to avoid having the dealership rake ones ass over the coals for such an easy fix.

Bill

Hi Bill,
I just wanted to let you know that I had this very same issue with my airbag. It's the yellow connector behind the driver's side kick panel. Someone somewhere suggested that I use my parking brake to fix the air bag light. It sounded stupid, but it worked. It flexed the connector and the wire re-connected. Of course the kick panel came off, and I reworked the connector and now there's no longer any airbag malfunction. This problem nearly caused me to spend a lot of money chasing phantom problems with the sensors.

Back