• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Broken Door Handle (pic)

wheelmans

Not sure how it happened, but I broke my door handle  :E:.  Here is a pic of the door handle pull.  I am not sure if I need to replace the door handle or if possible this is the issue where the nut came loose. 

If I need to replace the mechanism, I will, I just do not want to take off the door panel to find out I need to order that part and then have to put it back together again to replace after receiving the door handle.  If this looks to be the loose nut, I can do take care of that on Sunday.  I have been extremely busy at work and do not have many windows of opportunity to get this done.

This is on a 2012.

Attachments

• Door Handle.jpg
    Door Handle.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 69
Replace the handle.

I have 2 broken handles right now.  One is like the one pictured here in the original post.  The other is the mounting screw that secures the handle to the door....clearly a broken piece.  But, is the one pictured above repairable?  Not sure whether a piece merely became disconnected

Back