• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

PCM location

clintyarborough

Where is the PCM located on a 2007 avalanche?  I've tried searching but I guess PCM is too short for a search...
Any help would be appreciated.

I believe it's still in front of the engine on the driver side by your second battery tray.

ECM/TCM....but, yep, that's where they are.

Thanks guys, I found the PCM.

Is the TCM on the opposite side of that same location?  Apparently my diablosport intune screwed up my TCM and I need to remove it and send it to them to reflash to stock.  Or I can take the truck to a dealer, I was just wondering if I could remove the TCM easily instead of having to pay for a tow to a dealership.  Or I could just buy a new TCM?

Yeah, but I've seen ebay dealers that will flash before sending.  I saw a couple earlier for $100 on ebay, seems unlikely I'll get out of the dealer for less than that.  I just need to find it and take it off and make sure it's the correct part number... 

raiderron said:
New TCM would need flashed also.

I called a dealer, on the 2007 the TCM is in the transmission.  Looks like I'll have to get it towed, after I check every fuse I can find just to make sure it's not a fuse...

clintyarborough said:
I called a dealer, on the 2007 the TCM is in the transmission.  Looks like I'll have to get it towed, after I check every fuse I can find just to make sure it's not a fuse...

No, it isn't. That's circa 2009 and up. On the 4-spd '07/'08 the TCM is the smaller, single connector module located adjacent to the ECM.

Back