• If you currently own, previously owned or want to own an Avalanche, we welcome you to become a member today. Membership is FREE, register now!

Pacesetter Long tube

coty

OK, I've read and reread opinions here and there. 
I'm looking at purchasing the pacesetter LTs because I want LTs and they are probably all I can afford. I have seen people referring to Ebay LTs as well but I am unclear as to what that means exactly. 
My first question is for the people who say the pacesetters suck. I see the opinion thrown around but I never see a reason for it.  I have see that they will discolor quickly.  Is that it?  Could I use engine paint to prevent that? 
Second, what are the Ebay headers?
Thanks!

I'll hang up and listen. 

Not sure about the their LTs, but I did purchase their dual exhaust and have been really pleased with it!
They may not make the TOP quality stuff, but definitely worth the cost. 

JMO

Most complain that pacesetters coatings suck and on the headers will deteriorate or burn off quickly. That and you'll have to have cats added to the Y pipe or a custom catted Y built at an exhaust shop. When I had similar pipes made for my wife's xterra, I talked my guy down to $600 for the work. Of corse that was a high end shop that does mandrel bending, not "Bubbas corner shop" crush bends.
I would look for decent stainless headers. If you're on a budget, check out Texas speed. They have a nice looking house brand for a good price.
Or do what I did and set your sights on what you want and be patient till you find the deal or have enough saved for it.

Back